Acknowledgement of MRAC funding is required on all publicity materials such as posters, press releases, flyers, and programs as indicated in the MRAC grant agreement. All grants require the use of the MRAC logo. Projects funded through the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund of the Legacy Amendment ALSO REQUIRE the use of the Legacy Amendment logo.
Language for funding acknowledgement is as follows:
Grants funded by the General Fund Appropriation:
“This activity is funded, in part, by an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the State’s general fund.”
Grants funded by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund:
“This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.”
Grants funded by BOTH the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council and Minnesota State Arts Board with funds all or in part from Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund:
“This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through grants from the Minnesota State Arts Board and the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.”
Please refer to your grant agreement for your specific requirements and acknowledgement language.
MRAC Logo Usage
- Nothing may be printed over the MRAC logo, nor within the area surrounding it on all sides equal in measure to the height of the letter “t” in the word metro (at whatever size the logo is displayed).
- The MRAC logo may not be combined with other images or designs to create a new symbol or image.
- PDF – This is a vector format of the logo, similar to .eps, .ai, and .svg files. However it’s possible for users who do not have a design software to open and see a logo in PDF file format. PDF files are intended for use in print design applications, and are resolution independent so they may be used at any size. These PDF files may be downloaded directly.
- PNG – A high- and low-resolution format most commonly used for web and email applications. PNG files may also be used with a wide variety of document creation applications, such as Microsoft Office software. There are limits to how large these files may be used and viewed since the pixels with which they are rendered become visible and blur the image after they are enlarged beyond a certain point (varies by individual file size and resolution). The files we provide will enlarge clearly to 10” wide.
- Select a logo and format.
- Right-click/control-click format type.
- Choose “Save target as…” or “Save link as…” and save on your computer using the default filename.
Legacy Amendment Logo
For Legacy Amendment logos and guidelines, visit the Legacy Amendment site at www.legacy.leg.mn/legacy-logo