The Metropolitan Regional Arts Council is pleased to offer a dynamic training program for arts organizations and the people who run them. Attendees to MRAC trainings should be affiliated with a group that applies to MRAC for funding or should be staff or volunteers of arts organizations in the 7-county metro area.
As part of the work of MRAC, the Council is dedicated to helping arts groups and organizations be as strong and effective in their work as possible. Therefore, each month there are trainings on the topics of arts management issues that are presented by professionals and available at no cost to attendees.
Each month on the first Friday, we host a Coffee and Donuts with Program Directors event from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm at the MRAC offices. These are casual drop-in events where you can talk with the MRAC program directors, exchange ideas with other attendees, or simply come and get some work done and eat a donut.
Additional monthly trainings will provide insight and tools to be successful in running small arts organizations. All MRAC trainings are offered at no cost to attendees. Visit our Event Calendar to see all the scheduled Arts Management Trainings. The next ten workshops on the calendar are listed here:
- DIY ADA Access Planning Thursday, January 23 @ 9:30 am
- Finding Clarity—Three Key Questions: Why Equity? Why Us? Why Now Saturday, January 25 @ 10:00 am
- Adjusting Your Aim: Rethinking Who and How You are Targeting Your Ideal Audiences Wednesday, January 29 @ 1:00 pm
- Bringing on Your First Contractor or Employee: Minimizing the Risks Thursday, February 6 @ 1:00 pm
- First Fridays Coffee & Donuts with Program Directors Friday, February 7 @ 9:00 am
- Creating More Equitable Programs and Practices: Sharing Power, Access & Resources Saturday, February 8 @ 10:00 am
- DIY ADA Access Planning Tuesday, February 11 @ 1:00 pm
- Lunch & Learn: Emotions in the Workplace Wednesday, February 12 @ 12:00 pm
- Creating Equitable Partnerships Monday, March 2 @ 2:00 pm
- DIY ADA Access Planning Wednesday, March 4 @ 5:30 pm
Any questions about trainings can be directed to Bethany Whitehead, Program Director, at email@example.com or 651-523-6388. MRAC is happy to schedule an ASL interpreter or provide additional accommodations to make your participation possible; let us know what you need!