Next Step Fund Grant Program Eligibility
Applicants to the Next Step Fund must meet all of the following requirements:
• Emerging, mid-career and established artists, working in any discipline, who have evidence of artistic practice respective of their career stage.
• Have resided in the seven-county metro area the six-months prior to the deadline. Projects do NOT need to take place within the seven-county metro area but applicants MUST maintain permanent residence in the seven-county metro area the entire duration of their project.
• 18 years of age or older.
Applicants cannot be:
• Individuals seeking to begin a career as an artist, or make a professional transition to the arts.
• Individuals whose portfolio only reflects client or freelance work.
• Artists currently enrolled in a degree or certification program in their respective art form, unless the applicant can demonstrate they maintain a career as a professional artist outside of their educational program.
• Arts administrators seeking support for their administrative profession.