The Arts Activities Support program provides grants of up to $10,000 in project support for groups wishing to offer quality arts activities in any discipline to communities within the seven-county metropolitan area of Minnesota. Grant requests may include costs for artists and other personnel, facility and/or equipment rental, postage, supplies, printing and other expenses necessary to carry out the project.
Please read the guidelines before you apply. The application will be activated six weeks before each deadline.
Monday, April 8, 2019 -11:59 pm
Program Requirements & Eligibility
- This program funds nonprofit IRS 501(c)(3) arts organizations, non-arts nonprofits and community education units with art programming, and informal/unincorporated arts groups applying with a nonprofit as a fiscal sponsor.
- The applicant group and project must be located in the 7-county metropolitan region.
- The applicant group’s annualized operating/arts programming expenses must be less than $400,000.
- This program requires a cash match from a source other than MRAC and/or other State funding sources.
- Informal/unincorporated arts groups must have their own board of directors or advisory committee that provides input on the project and oversight of the grant funds.
- For-profit entities, schools, and school support organizations are not eligible to apply for this program, and this program does not fund the purchase of land or buildings, debt reduction, cash reserves, endowments, fundraising events, political lobbying or discriminatory activities.
Help With Your Application
All applicants are encouraged to discuss proposal ideas and eligibility with their program director prior to starting an MRAC application. Program Directors will provide draft feedback prior to the deadline; contact your program director to set up a time for draft review.
MRAC maintains a library of submitted grant applications. Reviewing previously submitted grants can enhance your understanding of the process and improve your application. The application library is open during MRAC hours and staff is happy to help you or your may also contact your program director to have up to 3 grants emailed to you as pdfs. To see a list of this and last fiscal year’s funded projects, visit our recent awards page.