- This event has passed.
Creating Clean, Concise Copy: Tricks of the Trade
Wednesday, February 13 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 amNo cost to participate
You want to deliver easy-to-read, informative, compelling messages to your audiences. And you don’t have the necessary time—or staff—to make revisions. Learn some editing tips that will help streamline your process. In this workshop, we’ll discuss how to:
- Concentrate on the nugget and cull extra words.
- Use punctuation powerfully.
- Avoid common spelling, sentence structure, and usage errors.
- Make decisions about active voice and strong verbs.
- Develop style sheets to ensure consistency.
We’ll touch on hooks, calls to action, and voice as we revise a piece together. Feel free to bring copy you’ve encountered or created.
Presented by Dara Syrkin. Dara is a copy editor, proofreader, and writer. Her motto is “Writing is a team sport.” darasyrkin.com
Please contact MRAC at 651-523-6388 or firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any accommodations that would help you maximize your experience in this workshop.