- This event has passed.
An Introduction to SEO & Paid Media for Small Nonprofits
August 30, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Did you know that Google provides $10,000 per month of free advertising space to each qualifying nonprofit organization that applies to its Google Grants program? Do you wish you had the tools to make your brand presence on social media more robust and effective? Has a board member recommended working on your SEO… and you had no idea where to start? Join Chris and Austin as they give you an overview of the nuts & bolts to getting your online presence in front of the audiences who want to know about your organization and work. From website & search engine optimization, to paid search & social media advertising, there are hundreds of tools available – for any size or type of organization. Chris & Austin will give you the tips & tricks you need to jump start your digital marketing strategy. There will be plenty of time for questions – and no questions are too basic!
Austin comes from a diverse marketing background specializing in not only search, social and display media, but also graphic design & creative strategy. Outside of digital marketing, she’s previously worked in print design, and continues to execute small design projects as a side hustle. She has worked both with start-ups and established digital agencies in the US and Europe, helping to build new digital media processes & best practices at each organization she’s joined. She has experience in various industries including nonprofits, higher education, B2B, healthcare, and consumer products. Her favorite part about the digital landscape is that it’s ever-changing, providing a new challenge each day – and new tools to reach the right people in the right ways.
- Significant strategic & executional experience across all paid media channels – including search, social and display.
- Working with brands to determine their unique secret sauce of digital tactics that will enable them to reach their business goals.
- Driving awareness, engagement and revenue through data-driven paid media campaigns in various industries including nonprofits, B2B, healthcare, and consumer products.
- Optimizing user experiences with brands on websites to increase conversion rates and retention, as well as on outside platforms to increase awareness of and engagement with brands.
- Continuously optimizing & adapting paid media tactics to support and align with earned & owned media strategy, enabling brands to invest more efficiently and maximize return on ad spend.
- Additional expertise: Graphic design, creative strategy & optimization, website UX strategy & optimization, website & social analytics, development of new platform processes & best practices (specifically paid search & paid social advertising)
- Deep strategic and tactical experience across paid, owned and earned media.
- Driving organic revenue and engagement through data-driven, user-centric optimization of owned media and digital assets (enterprise SEO strategy, content strategy, content distribution strategy, ecommerce strategy, website strategy, UX and usability optimization, off-site assets, videos, communities, analytics and measurement, etc.).
- Developing and growing new revenue streams through the monetization of content, native advertising, social display and audience retargeting, owned media and digital assets including websites, email, social properties, mobile apps and more.
- Leveraging both owned and earned media to support and align with paid media strategy to invest more efficiently and maximize the return on paid media tactics.
- Growing digital brand equity through earned media and engagement (social strategy, audience targeting and development, community and visitor engagement, linking strategy, social listening, etc.).
- Additional expertise: Paid media strategy (paid search/SEM, paid social marketing, distributed content on a CPC model), display and social retargeting, Enterprise web and social analytics, affiliate marketing strategy and execution, training and development (team hiring and development, building internal marketing capability, technical and strategic team training on digital marketing best practices)
If ASL interpretation or other accommodation would help you enjoy this workshop please contact Bethany at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is free and easy parking in the surface lots adjacent to the MRAC building and the location is also on the Green LRT line and bus lines.