The Next Step Fund, funded by The McKnight Foundation, provides project grants up to $5,000 to artists, creators, and makers in any discipline for the purpose of career development and artistic achievement. Applicants may be at any stage of their career, but must demonstrate achievement in their artistic field and have a history of public presentation or community contribution. This is a highly competitive program. Please read the guidelines before you apply. The application will be activated on Monday, December 16, 2019. The deadline is Monday, January 27, 2020.
New This Year: Draft Review
MRAC program directors are available to review a draft of your application on a first come, first served basis. Send your request as soon as possible but no later than noon on Friday, January 24, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain a review, applicants must provide a completed Artist section and a completed Project section; applicants may choose to submit a resume/CVs as well. Documents may be submitted in the following formats: Word, PDF, or text in the body of the email. Written feedback will be provided via email. If you are a person with a disability you may request other accommodations.
Grant Application Workshops
Potential applicants are encouraged to attend a grant workshop to learn about the grant program, application process, and how to write an effective Next Step Fund grant application. This is your opportunity to get questions answered on your project ideas.
Sign-up for a Grant Workshop at one of the Links below:
- Thursday, December 5 @ 3:30 pm — 5:00 pm at In Progress in Saint Paul
- Wednesday, December 11 @ 10:00 am — 11:30 am at Off-Leash Art Box in South Minneapolis
- Monday, January 6, 2020 @ 6:00 pm — 7:30 pm at UROC in North Minneapolis
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020 @ 2:00 pm — 3:30 pm at All My Relations Arts in Minneapolis
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020 @ 4:00 pm — 5:30 pm at the Arts Consortium of Carver County Arts Center in Victoria
- Saturday, January 11, 2020 @ 12:00 pm — 1:30 pm at the Merriam Park Library in Saint Paul. This workshop will be ASL interpreted and Live Captioned.
A recorded and captioned workshops will also be posted online by December 16, 2019.
If you would like any modifications to aid your participation in this activity, please indicate requests in the registration form (if applicable) or reach out to Scott Artley at email@example.com or 651-523-6384.